Excess pounds can drive you crazy. Not everyone manages to keep track of their weight in the frantic rhythm of city life. Freelance work also does not save. A sedentary lifestyle and quick access to the fridge with fast food becomes a problem.
In order to lose weight, people sometimes go to extreme measures. Some ways are really life-threatening. For example, a vegan diet can turn into serious health problems. Going to such experiments should be after consulting with a doctor. However, there are ways to lose weight that will not only be effective, but also beneficial.
What is the benefit of gambling for weight loss?
There is one interesting fact. People who are passionate about an activity eat and consume much less. This applies not only to food, but also to finances. Therefore, one of the ways to solve the problem of obesity may be to find a hobby. Gambling online real money fits this role perfectly.
Gambling is associated with a sedentary lifestyle. Today, players bet at online casinos. However, some slots, roulette, and card games fascinate users so much that they even lose track of time. This is due to the feeling of excitement.
When a player is in the heat of excitement, he is not nervous, but gets a charge of adrenaline. This feeling does not motivate the client of the virtual casino to eat or drink something. All thoughts are focused on the gaming process.
There is also a benefit in this occupation. Modern casinos in Australia offer games in which victory depends not on luck, but on strategy. Players to make strategy also need time, and this will once again help for a while to forget about the constant feeling of hunger.
However, in the fight against excess weight one should not forget about the basic recommendations. Only a comprehensive approach will help to maintain a slim figure.
9 facts about obesity that you need to know
Obesity is a chronic disease that affects a large number of people around the world. And it's not just a matter of convenience or appearance, obesity is a significant risk factor for heart disease, stroke, diabetes, can lead to musculoskeletal disorders, and can also lead to some cancers.
Here are 9 facts you should know:
- Obesity is characterized by the accumulation of fat in the body and can lead to serious health problems. You should not delay in addressing this problem.
- Obesity is diagnosed by calculating the body mass index. You can read more about this term here. It is done as follows: the patient's weight (in kg) is divided by his height (in meters) squared. An index between 18 and 25 kg/m2 is considered normal. An index between 25 and 30 is overweight. An index above 30 is obese. This definition is for adults only and is not suitable for children and adolescents, for whom there are specific calculations.
- According to the index, the degree of obesity of the patient is classified into: mild obesity (class 1 is from 30 to 35), moderate (class 2 is from 35 to 40) and severe (class 3 is BMI 40). This classification is important in choosing the type of treatment.
- Obesity can have many causes, but it mainly occurs when there is a genetic predisposition. This biological vulnerability is very common in the population and the current lifestyle strongly favors the onset of obesity. However, in rare cases, some endocrine diseases can lead to obesity, so if you appear overweight, it is advisable to consult your doctors to determine the cause.
- Obesity causes and/or aggravates a number of diseases. Obese people are more prone to developing problems such as hypertension, cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, gallstones, gastroesophageal reflux and cancer.
- Obesity can also lead to poor mental health, leading to low self-esteem and depression. The same gamblers are unlikely to be able to concentrate on the game and win in this condition.
- Obesity affects not only individuals, reducing their life expectancy. The problem affects society as a whole, because it increases health care costs.
- Preventing obesity basically involves changing the diet of the population. We need to remove highly processed foods from the diet and increase the proportion of fruits and vegetables, as well as adding beans, whole grains and nuts to the diet.
- To treat obesity, you need to create a calorie deficit. This is achieved by reducing caloric intake and increasing physical activity.
Unfortunately, few patients can lose and maintain weight through these measures, and some will require medication or even surgery. Like other chronic diseases, obesity is incurable, but it can be controlled
The author of this article is David Reid.