Loved by medical cannabis patients because of its healing properties, cannabidiol (CBD) competes with tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) when it comes to the increase of its demand and popularity. However, unlike THC, CBD won't make you euphoric or “high.” Along with a healthy lifestyle, the latter is also believed to be the key to maintain optimum health and wellness.
But, can CBD really improve one's health?
CBD Can Reduce Stress and Anxiety
By taking your daily dose of CBD tinctures, via sublingual or under the tongue route or added in food or beverage, it’ll provide you a sustained release of cannabidiol. This will help you combat stress and anxiety throughout the day, making your mind more relaxed and ready to face everyday challenges.
Here are the other ways that CBD can be administered to help reduce stress and anxiety:
- CBD Edibles: CBD products, like CBD oil, make affordable options to traditional medications. CBD oil can be infused to cookies, brownies, coffee, tea, and almost any type of food and drink you can think of. It's a fun way to discreetly reduce stress and anxiety.
- CBD Vaping: If you can't tolerate ingesting or infusing CBD to your meals and, at the same time, you love inhalation, then vaping CBD is a great option to take your daily dose of CBD. Vapes and CBD e-juices are widely available and safe to use.
- CBD Topical Solutions: Cannabidiol can also be administered directly on the skin through CBD topical products, such as CBD creams, salves, and lotions.
CBD Can Aid in Faster Muscle Recovery
CBD has plenty of uses. One of the therapeutic benefits of CBD is fighting inflammation.
During intense workout or training, tissues undergo oxidation and release byproducts of muscle contraction and metabolism of the body.
CBD works directly with the endocannabinoid system's cannabinoid receptors, affecting the inflammatory process. It works by inhibiting cytokine and cortisol production, which play an important role in pain and inflammation.
CBD Can Help Reduce Pain
Pain can be acute or chronic. A trusted source reported that CBD, when applied topically, could help reduce pain due to arthritis, which is a chronic type of pain accompanied by inflammation.
Also, CBD inhibits neuropathic pain – stems from a damaged part of the nervous system – which is a type of chronic pain that’s difficult to treat.
Here are the advantages of being pain-free with the help of CBD:
- Improved Productivity: CBD helps improve your focus and creativity for a more productive day ahead.
- Combat Insomnia: Many people are usually stressed by body pain, affecting rest and sleep. By taking CBD oil before bedtime, a person's body and mind become more relaxed and ready to retire at night.
- Live an Active Lifestyle: You can do more things and become more active if you don't have pain or aches to worry about. This allows you to pursue your passion and hobbies whenever you want to.
The unmatched popularity of CBD is due to its healing properties. CBD oil is a great alternative to traditional pain and sleep medications without unwanted side effects.
It amazingly improves health because it helps reduce pain, handling insomnia, and managing stress and anxiety.
Since you're here...
We believe everyone in Indian Country deserves equal access to news and commentary pertaining to them, their relatives and their communities. That's why the story you’ve just finished was free — and we want to keep it that way, for all readers. But we hope it inspires you to make a gift of $5 or more to Native News Online so that we can continue publishing more stories that make a difference to Native people, whether they live on or off the reservation. Your donation will help us keep producing quality journalism and elevating Indigenous voices. Any contribution of any amount — big or small — gives us a better, stronger future and allows us to remain a force for change. Donate to Native News Online today and support independent Indigenous journalism. Thank you.