The modern organization of detection, diagnostics and treatment of patients with malignant neoplasms, as well as the planning of the cancer prevention, have identified clear trends in the dynamics of cancer incidence in the direction of its steady growth. Unfortunately, there is almost no increase in frequency of malignant tumors detection at stage I-II. At this stage it is possible to avoid aggressive and traumatic treatment methods that lead to irreversible consequences.
The main stages in the treatment of cancer patients
Cancer therapy has various individual goals. There are many treatment options in Germany. One of the main therapeutic goals is to improve the patient’s quality of life, alleviate pain and prolong life.
The main stages in the treatment:
- Preparatory (pre-treatment) stage. This stage is directly related to the special drug and non-drug preparation aimed for better tolerance of surgery and other therapeutic measures. It is extremely important to find a specialist who can calm you down and answer all your questions.
- Therapeutic (main) stage. It includes an operation to remove the tumor and preserve or restore the function of the operated organ. It can also include a course of special radiation and chemotherapy for the tumor with the preservation of neighboring tissues.
- Postoperative stage. It includes prescribing therapy that regulates the function of the operated organ, for example, enzyme preparations for improving the digestive tract function, etc. The same time, doctors conduct a special antitumor chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
What to look for when choosing a clinic?
One of the most important points is the choice of an oncology clinic. Given the variety of hospitals, it is worth paying attention to the cancer clinics in which specialists of different profiles work. The question of the choice of treatment tactics should be decided by a multidisciplinary team of oncologists, radiologists, endocrinologists, etc.
Benefits of treatment in Germany:
- Timely updated medical equipment.
- The use of high-tech materials.
- Innovativeness of therapeutic methods, scientific developments.
- High qualification of doctors.
- Always high quality of service, diagnostics, treatment.
- Advanced technologies and innovative methods of conducting procedures.
For foreigners who want to undergo cancer treatment in Germany, it is more convenient to use the help of the medical provider Booking Health. Booking Health will assist in organizational matters, as well as in the selection of clinics and qualified specialists. Thanks to more than a decade of experience in the medical tourism field, you will not need to pay a tax for foreigners which will help you save up to 50 % of the total cost of treatment in Germany.
What types of treatment are used?
The three most important therapeutic methods prescribed for cancer treatment in Germany are surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy. Often these methods are combined with each other. In addition, there are new therapeutic methods, the testing of which is, however, still in the experimental phase.
The therapeutic component is fundamental, determining the outcome of both treatment and rehabilitation. The priority area of cancer treatment in Germany is functionally sparing and organ-preserving treatment of malignant tumors of the main localizations. One of the main principles of functionally sparing treatment is the combination of surgical removal of the tumor and rehabilitation. For example, radical breast resection with reconstruction, resection and plastic surgery of the esophagus, larynx, trachea, etc.
How to reduce the risk of getting cancer?
One of the main methods of prevention is timely diagnostics. Given the fact that most oncological diseases at the early stages are asymptomatic, preventive medical examinations are mandatory. Germany uses technologies that are hypersensitive and can detect cancer at the very early stages.
It is also important to maintain a healthy lifestyle. A few simple tips will improve your health:
- Quit smoking.
- Give up alcohol.
- Refuse sweet and smoked foods.
- Eat vegetables and fruits.
- Visit your doctor regularly.