CBD has a lot of uses, and this healing cannabinoid helps the body combat illness and stress in a natural way. It is because cannabidiol or CBD has no “high” or psychedelic effects. Premium quality CBD products are extracted from industrial hemp, so you're assured that you're buying a safe product without toxic chemicals. So, what are the amazing health benefits of CBD and how CBD can help you achieve optimum health?
In this post, you'll learn more about the natural benefits of CBD in the body.
CBD Acts as Natural Antioxidant
A part of the metabolism of the human body is free radicals, which are waste products of metabolism. Some examples of free radicals include biochemical compounds that contain unpaired electrons. Also, free radicals come as toxins from the outside environment that can be absorbed by the skin, injected, ingested, or inhaled.
The buildup of free radicals can trigger diseases, including heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, and stroke. Also, free radicals cause early skin aging due to oxidative cellular damage. CBD is a natural treatment to get rid of free radicals in the body. For instance, applying one of the best CBD creams can help treat skin problems and promote skin health, reducing signs and symptoms of skin aging.
CBD Reduces Infection Naturally
CBD is a potent anti-inflammatory substance extracted from hemp plants. CBD has immunosuppressive properties in the context of autoimmune disease and inflammatory states, which is triggered by cellular CBD mechanism.
Here's how CBD works as an anti-inflammatory agent:
- Induces Apoptosis: CBD induces apoptosis or natural cell death, eliminating cells without the release of harmful substances. Apoptosis plays a vital role in maintaining health, getting rid of old and unhealthy cells.
- CBD Suppresses Cytokine Production: Inflammatory cytokines initiate the body's inflammatory response, regulating the host defense against pathogens and mediates the innate immune response. CBD helps reduce the signs and symptoms of inflammation, such as pain, swelling, and redness, by suppressing the production of cytokine.
CBD as a Natural Sleep Aid
Surely, people who have problems getting sleep or insomniacs have tried Ambien, Sonata, Rozerem, Lunesta, and other brands of sleeping pills. However, these medicines cause unwanted side effects such as dizziness, constipation or diarrhea, changes in appetite, and daytime drowsiness. Sleeping pills are considered one of the most powerful hypnotics, in which the effects can last until the next day. It can cause exhaustion and worsens sleeping problems.
On the other hand, CBD is a natural sleep aid. There are a lot of things that can cause sleep deprivation. It can be caused by chronic pain, poor diet, uncomfortable bed, environmental noise, certain medications, stress, and anxiety. While CBD may not directly play a role in the sleep cycle, it helps reduce the risk factors of sleep problems.
Here's how CBD can help promote better sleep:
- Relaxes the Body and Mind: CBD has a relaxing effect on the body. You can pop up CBD gummies or take a few drops of CBD tincture under your tongue 30 minutes before bedtime to calm your body and mind. In this way, your mood is ready for rest and sleep.
- Reduces Pain: Because CBD has an analgesic or anti-pain effect, a person can easily sleep with reduced pain or pain-free by taking CBD oil, most especially among seniors who are suffering from arthritis.
- Relieves Anxiety: Because CBD helps increases serotonin production, a person feels less anxious and feel more confident and comfortable to rest and sleep without worrying too much about things.
CBD as a Natural Analgesic
As already mentioned, CBD has an anti-pain or analgesic effect. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and opioids may also cause negative effects on the body, most especially in the liver and gastrointestinal tract.
With CBD, you can relieve acute and chronic pain by taking a daily CBD dose. It's effective in treating pain brought about by muscle tension, nerve problems, joint problems, and other musculoskeletal issues.
Here are the benefits of a pain-free body:
- Maximize performance at work and performing other daily routines.
- Get enough rest and sleep.
- More time spent to enjoy hobbies and bond with family and friends.
CBD is highly praised and in demand because of its healing properties without the unwanted side effects of traditional medications like sleeping pills and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDs and opioids. One way to naturally treat the signs and symptoms of diseases is to take a daily dose of CBD.
You can ingest CBD oil, take CBD tincture sublingually, vape CBD vape juice, or apply CBD cream. As a natural agent, your body will benefit from the therapeutic effects of CBD for optimum health.
Support Independent Indigenous Journalism
Native News Online is an independent, Indigenous-led newsroom with a crucial mission: We want to change the narrative about Indian Country. We do this by producing intelligent, fact-based journalism that tells the full story from all corners of Indian Country. We pride ourselves on covering the tribes you may have never heard of before and by respecting and listening to the communities we serve through our reporting. As newsrooms across the country continue to shrink, coverage of Indian Country is more important than ever, and we are committed to filling this ever-present hole in journalism.
Because we believe everyone in Indian Country deserves equal access to news and commentary pertaining to them, their relatives and their communities, the story you’ve just finished was free — and we want to keep it that way, for all readers. But we hope it inspires you to make a gift to Native News Online so that we can continue publishing more stories that make a difference to Native people, whether they live on or off the reservation. Your donation will help us keep producing quality journalism and elevating Indigenous voices. Any contribution of any amount, big or small, gives us a better, stronger future and allows us to remain a force for change. Donate to Native News Online today and support independent Indigenous journalism. Thank you.