First Peoples Fund
Location: Rapid City, SD preferred - remote arrangements may be considered
Salary: $95,000 - $120,000 per year (commensurate with experience)
The Vice President of Operations & Finance (VPOF) provides leadership, strategy and vision for the operations and finance functions of the organization. The VPOF embraces keeping things organized, effective and efficient and loves the details of leading a healthy structure that frees the team up to focus on program excellence and the leadership team to focus on growth, development and measurable impact. Fundamentally, the VPOF manages the day-to-day operations and finance, providing a work environment and culture that supports organizational accomplishments and individual growth. This includes conducting analysis of and improving financial policies and practices, providing leadership and guidance around the organization’s HR operations, and ensuring that organizational systems and tools effectively and efficiently support program deliverables, evaluation, advancement and communications. As part of the leadership team, the VPOF helps address a range of issues, including enhancing organizational effectiveness and integrity, providing leadership to staff, and helping to develop the strategic direction for the organization.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and experience managing all aspects of the operations of a seasoned organization. This is an outstanding opportunity for a finance executive with operational experience and a proven creative problem-solving and change management track record to join a high-growth, mission-driven organization.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's or MBA preferred) in business, administration/management, or related field.
- At least 6-8 years' experience in senior management positions in nonprofit and/or Native organizations or a comparable combination of education + experience.
- Broad knowledge of tribal communities and cultures across the US.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resource policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial management, operations and strategic planning.
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing, hybrid organization.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and management of operational and finance systems for organizations, including project management, data collection and useful reporting.
To review the full position description or to apply, please upload a cover letter + resume as one PDF document using this URL:
12 years of Native News
This month, we celebrate our 12th year of delivering Native News to readers throughout Indian Country and beyond. For the past dozen years, we’ve covered the most important news stories that are usually overlooked by other media. From the protests at Standing Rock and the rise of the American Indian Movement (AIM), to the ongoing epidemic of Murdered and Missing Indigenous People (MMIP) and the past-due reckoning related to assimilation, cultural genocide and Indian Boarding Schools.
Our news is free for everyone to read, but it is not free to produce. That’s why we’re asking you to make a donation this month to help support our efforts. Any contribution — big or small — helps. If you’re in a position to do so, we ask you to consider making a recurring donation of $12 per month to help us remain a force for change in Indian Country and to tell the stories that are so often ignored, erased or overlooked.
Donate to Native News Online today and support independent Indigenous journalism. Thank you.