IAIA Class of 2019 Spring Graduating Seniors Participating in the Exhibition
Published April 8, 2019
SANTA FE, N.M. — Seventeen seniors from the Studio Arts and Museum Studies programs will present their senior projects in the IAIA 2019 Spring Senior Graduating Exhibition — from April 19, 2019 through May 18, 2019. THIS EXHIBITION IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
The Opening Reception for the exhibition will be held on Friday, April 19th, 2019, from 5:30-8:00pm. Refreshments will be served.
Exhibitions will be on display on the IAIA Campus at the Balzer Contemporary Edge Gallery,the Allan Houser Haozous Sculpture and Foundry Building Gallery, the Barbara and Robert Ells Science and Technology Building, and behind the Student Union Building.
The IAIA campus is located at 83 Avan Nu Po Road
, minutes from the intersection of Rodeo Road and Richards Avenue, on the south side of Santa Fe. For directions and a map of the campus, please visit iaia.edu/about/visit.
In their final semester, the students work closely with advisors, gallery and museum studies staff, faculty, and their fellow students to develop their artistic practice and to create a thematically and conceptually-focused body of work. The IAIA 2019 Spring Senior Graduating Exhibition represents the capstone of each students’ course of study as well as their academic experience at IAIA.
IAIA President, Dr. Robert Martin (Cherokee), mentioned that “we invite everyone to take advantage of this opportunity to witness first-hand the amazing talent and creativity of IAIA’s graduating seniors who have sacrificed and worked diligently to successfully complete their bachelor’s degrees.”
The IAIA 2019 Fall Graduating Seniors and their Degrees
- ALI (Tohono O’odham Nation), BFA Studio Arts
- Tess Atcitty (Navajo), BFA Studio Arts – Painting and Ceramics
- Greg Ballenger (Navajo), BFA Studio Arts – Painting
- Lorenza Chavez-Marcais (Chicanx, Mescalero Apache Descant), BFA Museum Studies. Minor Studio Arts – Painting
- Dason Coyote Culver (Cherokee Descent), BFA Studio Arts – Sculpture
- Charlie Cuny, BFA, Studio Arts
- Derayna DeClay (White Mountain Apache Tribe), BFA Studio Arts – Painting
- Monique Duke, BFA Studio Arts – Digital Arts
- Maryelizabeth M. T. Harrison (Diné), BFA Museum Studies
- Chaz John (Winnebago, Mississippi Band Choctaw), BFA Studio Arts – Painting
- Jennifer Juan (Tohono O’odham Nation), BFA Museum Studies
- Mia Olson (They/Them/Their) (Mvskoke Creek), BFA Studio Arts – Printmaking and Jewelry
- RB Pablo (Diné), BFA Studio Arts Sculpture, Minor Museum Studies, Certificate Business and Entrepreneurship
- Tina Sparks, BFA Studio Arts – Painting and Textiles
- Shundina Spencer (Diné, Apsaalooké, Colville), BFA Studio Arts – Painting
- Anangookwe Wolf (Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe), BFA Studio Arts – Jewelry and Textiles
- Hounsoun Youn (Korean), BFA Studio Arts – Ceramics
For further information, or to interview any of the students, please contact