Published November 26, 2018
WASHINGTON — On Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 2:30 PM EST, the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs will hold a business meeting
· S.RES 444, A resolution recognizing the heritage, culture, and contributions of American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian women in the United States.
· S.RES 596, A resolution recognizing the 29th anniversary of the Tribal Canoe Journey of the Tribal Nations of the Pacific Northwest and congratulating the Puyallup Tribe of Indians for hosting 2018 Power Paddle to Puyallup.
· S.RES 702, A resolution recognizing National Native American Heritage Month and celebrating the heritages and cultures of Native Americans and the contributions of Native Americans to the United States.
· S. 2788, A bill to repeal the Act entitled “An Act to confer jurisdiction on the State of North Dakota over offenses committed by or against Indians on the Devils Lake Indian Reservation.
o S. 2788 repeals an outdated federal statute that authorizes the State of North Dakota to prosecute certain crimes committed on the Spirit Lake Reservation.
· H.R. 2606, Stigler Act Amendments of 2018.
o H.R. 2606 repeals certain provisions in Federal law regarding the restricted lands of members of the Five Civilized Tribes of Oklahoma.
· H.R 4032, Gila River Indian Community federal Rights-of-Way, Easements and Boundary Clarification Act.
o H.R. 4032 confirms undocumented Federal rights-of-way or easements on the Gila River Indian Reservation, clarifies the northern boundary of the Gila River Indian Community’s Reservation, and takes certain land located in Maricopa County and Pinal County, Arizona, into trust for the benefit of the Gila River Indian Community.
WHAT: A committee business meeting to consider S.RES 444, S.RES 596, S.RES 702, S. 2788, H.R. 2606, and H.R 4032.
WHEN: 2:30 PM EST, Wednesday, November 28, 2018
WHERE: 628 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Live video for the business meeting will be provided here.