Published September 26, 2018
WASHINGTON — On Wednesday, September 26, 2018, the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs will hold a business meeting followed by an oversight hearing.
The Business Meeting will convene for the committee’s consideration of the following legislation:
· S. 465, Independent Outside Audit of the Indian Health Service Act of 2017
· S. 2154, Kickapoo Tribe in Kansas Water Rights Settlement Agreement Act
· S. 2599, Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe Reservation Restoration Act
The oversight hearing is titled “Justice for Native Youth: The GAO Report on ‘Native American Youth Involvement in Justice Systems and Information on Grants to Help Address Juvenile Delinquency.’ ”
WHAT: A committee business meeting followed by an oversight hearing titled “Justice for Native Youth: The GAO Report on ‘Native American Youth Involvement in Justice Systems and Information on Grants to Help Address Juvenile Delinquency’ ”
WHEN: 2:30 PM EDT, Wednesday, September 26, 2018
WHERE: 628 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Live video for the business meeting will be provided here.
Live video and written witness testimony for the oversight hearing will be provided here.
OVERSIGHT HEARING WITNESSES:
· MS. GRETTA L. GOODWIN, Ph.D., Director, Justice and Law Enforcement Issues, Homeland Security and Justice Team, U.S. Government Accountability Office, Washington, DC
· MS. CAREN HARP, Administrator, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, DC
· THE HONORABLE ABBY ABINANTI, Chief Judge, Yurok Tribal Court, Klamath, CA
· MR. JOHN TAHSUDA, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Indian Affairs, U.S. Department of the Interior, Washington, DC
· MS. ADDIE ROLNICK, Professor of Law, William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV