Published September 6, 2016
WASHINGTON — Back from summer recess, on Wednesday, September 7 at 2:15 PM EDT, the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs will hold a business meeting to consider:
· S. 2711, Native American Education Opportunity Act;
· S. 2959, a bill to amend the White Mountain Apache Tribe Water Rights Quantification Act of 2010 to clarify the use of amounts in the WMAT Settlement Fund; and
· S. Con. Res. 49, the Protection of the Right of Tribes to stop the Export of Cultural and Traditional (PROTECT) Patrimony Resolution.
The business meeting will be immediately followed by a committee legislative hearing to receive testimony on the following bills:
· S. 2285, the Lumbee Recognition Act;
· S. 3234, the Indian Community Economic Enhancement Act of 2016;
· S. 3261, the Native American Business Incubators Program Act; and
· H.R. 4685, an act to take certain federal lands located in Tulare County, California, into trust for the benefit of the Tule River Indian Tribe, and for other purposes.
WHAT: A committee business meeting, followed by a legislative hearing.
WHEN: 2:15 PM EDT, Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2016
WHERE: 628 Senate Dirksen Office Building
Live video will be provided at indian.senate.gov.
Ms. Cheryl Andrews-Maltais
Senior Policy Advisor to the Acting Assistant Secretary – Indian Affairs, U.S. Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C.
The Honorable Harvey Godwin, Jr.
Chairman, Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina, Pembroke, North Carolina
The Honorable Kenneth McDarment
Vice Chairman, Tule River Tribe, Porterville, California
Mr. Derrick Watchman
Chairman, National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development, Mesa, Arizona
Mr. William Snell
Executive Director, Rocky Mountain Tribal Leaders Council, Billings, Montana