Published October 17, 2018
SANTA ANA PUEBLO, N.M. — It’s that time of year again! The Notah Begay III (NB3) Foundation is once again calling on you to be a part of NB3FIT WEEK – the largest Native youth physical activity event in the country. We are encouraging all tribes, Native-led organizations, urban Indian centers, schools and groups to host a youth-centered physical activity, fitness and/or health awareness event during NB3FIT WEEK – November 5-12, 2018 – to promote Native youth health and fitness in your community.
Last year, over 10,000 Native youth through 91 registered sites and over 130 physical activity and health-centered events in 21 states! This year we want to increase those numbers, and your help and participation is vital in reaching our goal.
JOIN these communities and organizations who have already registered
- Ho-Chunk Nation
- Forest County Potawatomi
- Native Americans for Community Action, Inc.
- Mexican Springs Chapter
- Nambe Pueblo Wellness Center
- Zuni Youth Enrichment Project
- Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community
- Mohican Family Center
- SPYLC Ho-Chunk Nation
- Ramah Navajo Prevention Program
- Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe Recreation Program
- San Lucy District
- Swinomish Tribal Community
- Upper Sioux Community
- Tsehootsooi Dine Bi’Olta’ (TDB)
- Salish & Kootenai Tribal Health Fitness Centers
- Leech Lake Inger Youth
- Pascua Yaqui Boys & Girls Club of Tucson
- Thunder Valley CDC
- The Hopi Special Diabetes Program
- Suquamish Tribe
- Rasmussen Family
- Tamaya Wellness Center
- Boys & Girls Club of the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation
- Native American Student Union
- St. Criox Chippewa Indians of Wisconsin
- Poarch Band of Creek Indians Recreation Department
- SunUte Community Center
First, chose the type of event you will host. Second, register your event on the NB3 Foundation website (www.nb3foundation.org/nb3fit-week
). Third, promote your event using the NB3FIT WEEK online toolkit. Lastly, have fun, take plenty of photos and share the experience on the NB3 Foundation’s social media sites.
Past events included: runs, walks, basketball, kickball, baseball, stickball, volleyball, skateboarding, kickboxing, lacrosse, hiking, biking, traditional games, swimming, obstacle courses, field days, yoga, health fairs, Zumba and more.
For more information about NB3FIT WEEK or how to register your event, please contact Cyanne Lujan, NB3 Foundation Director of Advancement, at email@example.com
or 505-867-0775 ext. 101.