Published December 11, 2018
NORMAN, Okla. The Native American Journalists Association is pleased to announce our continued partnership with Comcast NBCUniversal for the NBC News Summer Fellows Program! The NAJA/NBC News Summer Fellowship gives students real world experience and exposure to one of the world’s leading News divisions, which includes NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC. NBCUniversal will offer fellows the opportunity to join one of the following NBC programs for summer 2019 as interns:
• America’s #1 morning news program, The Today Show
• The top ranked evening program, Nightly News with Lester Holt
• Our primetime long form news program, Dateline
• Our 24 cable news channel, MSNBC
• Our top rated business news cable channel, CNBC
• Our digital organization including our array of digital properties
The fellows selected will receive $16.50 an hour, plus overtime (more than 40 hours per week) for 10 weeks during the summer. NBCUniversal will offer a $2,000 housing stipend available for candidates who reside outside a 50 mile radius from our Tri-State Area offices. Production experience is preferred, but not required.
All the internships are located in 30 Rockefeller Center, with the exception of the placements at CNBC, which are located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. Transportation is provided to Englewood Cliffs, NJ from various location in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
The official start date of the program is Monday, June 3, 2019. If students’ academic schedule impede their ability to start on this date, alternatives can be discussed.
• Must be a current NAJA member with proof of tribal affiliation
• Must be willing to live in New York City or its environs for the duration of the internship
• Must be 18 years old or older
• Must be enrolled full-time at a U.S. college or university
• Must be a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student
• Must major in journalism or a communications discipline
• Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US without holding a VISA or sponsorship
• Recent graduates will not be considered
The deadline is February 22, 2019.
Please go to the online application to apply.