Published July 7, 2018
LOS ANGELES — The LA SKINS FEST, presented by COMCAST NBCUniversal, announced that they are now officially accepting film entries for their 12th Annual film festival taking place November 13th-18th, 2018 at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
The LA SKINS FEST will celebrate filmmakers whose original works are distinguished and offer a new voice in cinema. Films accepted in the festival will be eligible for the competition, distribution opportunities and prizes from our corporate sponsors. This year, awards will be given to the following categories: Achievement in Narrative Filmmaking, Documentary, Narrative Short, Documentary Short, Animation, Writer, Director, Actor, Actress and Audience Award.
Once again, this year’s festival will offer a week long series of events throughout Hollywood. The film festival will premier exciting new Indigenous films, present the 6th Annual Native Media Awards Celebration, provide the 7th Writers Pitch Workshop and host Native American filmmakers from throughout North and South America
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS :Entries must be by/or have a Native American/First Nation/Indigenous artist involved in the project (Please include tribal affiliation).
- Films must NOT have other screenings scheduled in Los Angeles during November 2018. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- We accept films made by non-Native American filmmakers but the films must be Native American themed.
- Films must not be available on the Internet or have been broadcast nationally on cable or satellite television prior to the festival screening.
- Works must be made within the past two years
- Films in languages other than English with English subtitles will be accepted for consideration.
DEADLINES AND FEES :
- Early Deadline: August 20th
- Narrative Features $30
- Documentary Feature $30
- Narrative Short $20
- Documentary Short $20
- Student Film $15
- Regular Deadline: September 10th
- Narrative Features $45
- Documentary Feature $45
- Narrative Short $35
- Documentary Short $35
- Student Film $25
- Late Submission Deadline: Oct 1st
- Narrative Features $60
- Documentary Feature $60
- Narrative Short $50
- Documentary Short $50
- Student Film $35
WHERE TO SUBMIT :
The LA SKINS FEST proudly accepts entries via FilmFreeway.com, the world’s best online submission platform. FilmFreeway offers free HD online screeners, unlimited video storage, digital press kits, and more. Click on the icon below to submit through film freeway:
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS :
- A password protected preview of the film sent to us through Vimeo, Dropbox, or YouTube.
- Completed online entry form through Filmfreeway, download application and submit through e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail.
- Two stills from the film (color preferred, B&W accepted). Digital stills and press kits are preferred. Stills must be hi-res.
- One photo of the director
- Full cast/crew list.
- Film synopsis – 120 word logline/synopsis of the film and a 20 word logline/synopsis of film. Short films are only required to provide the 20 word logline.
- Submission Fee
***Please note that our festival does not pay screening fees for submitted films.
NOTIFICATION OF ENTRY STATUS :
Filmmakers will be notified in mid-October 2018 as to whether or not their film has been officially selected. Upon acceptance the filmmaker will receive an email verifying selection status. Be sure to have email@example.com on your accepted email list.
- The LA SKINS FEST will celebrate filmmakers whose original works is distinguished in their category. A pre-screening committee will select four finalists in each category after viewing all selected to be part of the competition. Awards will be given the following categories:
- Best Narrative
- Best Documentary
- Best Narrative Short
- Best Documentary Short
- Best Animation
- Audience Award
- Emerging Filmmaker
- Best Actor
- Best Actress
- Best Director
- Best Writer