WASHINGTON — The U.S. Senate Committee on Indian Affairs will host a legislative hearing on five land trust bills now pending in the Senate.
The hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at 2:30 p.m. – EDT.
The five bills are as follows:
• S. 1603, the Gun Lake Trust Land Reaffirmation Act;
• S. 1818, the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe – Fish Springs Ranch Settlement Act;
• S. 2040, the Blackfoot River Land Exchange Act of 2014;
• S. 2041, the May 31, 1918 Act Repeal Act; and
• S. 2188, to amend the Act of June 18, 1934, to reaffirm the authority of the Secretary of the Interior to take land into trust for Indian tribes
WHAT: A Committee legislative hearing on five land bills
WHEN: 2:30 PM, Wednesday, May 7, 2014
WHERE: 628 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Live video and witness testimony will be provided at indian.senate.gov.
THE HONORABLE JERRY MORAN (R-Kansas), Senator, United States Senate, Washington, DC
THE HONORABLE DEAN HELLER (R-Nevada), Senator, United States Senate, Washington, DC
Kevin Washburn, Assistant Interior Secretary – Indian Affairs
THE HONORABLE KEVIN WASHBURN, Assistant Secretary – Indian Affairs, Department of the Interior, Washington, DC
THE HONORABLE BRIAN CLADOOSBY, President, National Congress of American Indians, Washington, DC
THE HONORABLE NATHAN SMALL, Chairman, Shoshone-Bannock Tribes, Ft. Hall, Idaho
THE HONORABLE ELWOOD LOWERY, Chairman, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Nixon, Nevada
THE HONORABLE DAVID “D.K.” SPRAGUE, Chairman, Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians of Michigan, commonly known as the Gun Lake Tribe, Dorr, Michigan;