Congressman Raul M. Grijalva
Published April 6, 2019
Gov. Lujan Grisham Will Testify
WASHINGTON — Chair Raúl M. Grijalva (D-Ariz.), Vice Chair Haaland (D-N.M.) and Rep. Alan Lowenthal (D-Calif.), Chair of the Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources, on Friday announced an April 15 field hearing in Santa Fe, N.M., titled Oil and Gas Development: Impacts on Air Pollution and Sacred Sites, where Gov. Michele Lujan Grisham (D) will be among those testifying. Ahead of the hearing, Committee lawmakers will meet with local environmental advocates, tour Chaco Culture National Historical Park, and hear from experts, elected tribal and local officials.
The full trip is April 12-15. An itinerary with public and media availabilities is available below.
The point of contact for reporters for the duration of the trip is Monica Sanchez, deputy communications director for the House Natural Resources Committee Democratic staff. She can be reached at email@example.com or (202) 306-1333.
Members of House Natural Resources Committee & Democratic Leadership Attending
- Chair Raúl M. Grijalva (D-Ariz.)
- Assistant Speaker Ben Ray Luján (D-N.M.)
- Committee Vice Chair Deb Haaland (D-N.M.)
- Energy and Mineral Resources Subcommittee Chair Alan Lowenthal (D-Calif.)
Public Schedule (all times local)
Saturday, April 13
Environmental Justice Roundtable
Hotel Santa Fe, 1501 Paseo de Peralta Santa Fe, N.M. 87501
Room Kiva A
- Closed event, press availability after event concludes at approximately 6 p.m.
Sunday, April 14
Tour of Chaco Culture National Historical Park
- Open to press, 2 p.m. press availability at the visitor center followed by tour with park superintendent.
Monday, April 15
Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources Field Hearing – Oil and Gas Development: Impacts on Air Pollution and Sacred Sites
New Mexico State Capitol, 490 Old Santa Fe Trail, Santa Fe, N.M. 87501
- Open to press, press availability after hearing concludes
- Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham among those testifying
- The hearing will be livestreamed online, link to follow.