Published June 13, 2017
WASHINGTON – On Tuesday, June 13 at 2:30 PM EDT, the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs will hold a business meeting to consider:
· S. 772, the AMBER Alert in Indian Country Act of 2017; and
· S. 825, the Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium Land Transfer Act of 2017.
The business meeting will be immediately followed by a committee legislative hearing on:
· S. 1250, the Restoring Accountability in the Indian Health Service Act of 2017;
· S. 1275, the Bringing Useful Initiatives for Indian Land Development Act of 2017; and
· S. ____, the Tribal HUD-VASH Act of 2017.
WHAT: A committee business meeting, followed by a legislative hearing.
WHEN: 2:30 PM EDT, Tuesday, June 13, 2017
WHERE: 628 Senate Dirksen Office Building
Live video will be provided at indian.senate.gov.
Rear Admiral Chris Buchanan
Acting Director, Indian Health Service, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD
The Honorable Victoria Kitcheyan
Tribal Council Treasurer, Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska, Winnebago, NE
Dr. Joseph P. Crowley
President-Elect, American Dental Association, Cincinnati, OH
Mr. Max Stier
President, Partnership for Public Service, Washington, DC
Ms. Heidi Frechette
Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Native American Programs, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Washington, DC
Dr. Keith Harris
Director of Clinical Operations, Homeless Programs Office, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, DC
The Honorable Liana Onnen
Area Vice President, Southern Plains Region, National Congress of American Indians, Washington, DC
Mr. Mark Charlie
President/CEO, AVCP Regional Housing Authority, Bethel, AK
Ms. Sami Jo Difuntorum
Chairwoman, National American Indian Housing Council, Washington, DC